Dad's Government Business or, more accurately, the acronym DGB, is a term Edward Verres uses to tell his son that something is part of the classified work he's doing for government. For lack of a better term, it is used to refer to the government agency Edward works for.
The real name and structure of the agency is never specified in story, but Edward is mentioned to have been the head of the paranormal division up to the end of Sister II (at which time he was then "promoted" to head of paranormal diplomacy). The other agents claim to work for the FBI and Mrs. Kitsune mentions Edward works for the FBI, so it is most probably the paranormal division of the FBI.
It is also not confirmed if it operates just in Moperville, in the whole USA, or at some scale in between. It is apparently in charge of protecting Uryuoms, stopping genetic experimentation aimed at making super soldiers, and dealing with supernatural threats in the area. They are also responsible for hiding magical activity in general from the general public. Magic wands are standard issue for all agents, hold standard preset spells and can be used offensively when dealing with magical threats. After New and Old Flames, the agency shifted from hiding magic in general to suppressing the knowledge of the accessibility of magic from the public: the new head of the division, Arthur J. Arthur, comments that the media coverage of the event was too big to cover up, so they need to adapt.
Likely Employees: (not confirmed to not be lent from elsewhere)
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2002-02-20 ("Dum-Dum-DUM!")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2010-01-19 ("Bye Bye Safety Net")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2009-10-26 ("Not Quite BFFs")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2013-05-02
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2010-02-04 ("Trying Too Hard To Realize The Camera's Still Rolling")
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2010-10-25
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2018-06-13
- ↑ EGS Main Story Comic for 2007-04-11 ("FYI, the Alien--er, Personal Assistant, is Named Lavender")